As a freelancer, web copy writing and SEO optimized work makes up much of the workload. Some work I’ve contracted on my own, while other assignments have gone through text brokers such as WebWritingWords and GreatContent. This has included a number of different specialties.
Blogging, article writing, social media & outreach (non-commercial content)
Since 2009 (ongoing) including blogging, Facebook, Twitter, Linked-in for clients, adding non-commercial (i.e. informational) web content and other online activities to support website traffic and promote individual organizations and events; individual projects by contract.
- TheRichest – SEO optimized listicles for a global pop culture magazine (2017-present)
- The Blasting News – SEO optimized news & entertainment for a global news aggregate website (May 2016 to November 2017) Sample #1, Sample #2
- The Inquisitr News – SEO optimized news & entertainment stories for a global news aggregate website (Jan to July 2016) Sample article #1, article #2, article #3, article #4
For Limoneira – purely informational blog posts revolving around their primary product (lemons & specialty citrus) with no sales pitch.
Health & Beauty, Green Cleaning:
- Orange Peel DIY Beauty Recipes
- Citrus & Spice Potpourri Ideas
- Green Cleaning with Lemons: Seven Hacks You’ve Never Heard Of
Marketing oriented web copy writing & corporate communications
Includes multiple clients from 2007 to present (ongoing), including business reports and documents, webpages, company blogs and other social media and entire website contents.
- Athletescare Toronto & Ottawa – SEO optimized webpages + Toronto-optimized blog + Ottawa-optimized blog
- GreenStream Environmental small business blog (2012 to 2019) – marketing oriented blog containing useful information
- Petrillo Law blog (September 2012 to December 2015) – SEO oriented blog specific to the topic containing a marketing push
Retail & product website copy
Regularly from June 2006 to February 2009 & occasionally from 2010 to the present for major national clients along with various small businesses including product descriptions, supplementary and explanatory materials, and marketing materials for a very wide range of consumer products.
- The Shopping Channel (now Today’s Shopping Choice – product copy for jewellery, clothing, cosmetics, household items & more – Mississauga, ON)
- Dainolite Lighting Inc. (Mississauga, ON) – catalogue copy
- Bath Melts Inc. (beauty, cosmetics – Hamilton, ON) – website copy
- My Baskets by Simontea (gift baskets – Toronto, ON) – website copy
Get In Touch For A Quote Or Any Work Inquiries