Place is integral to arts and culture and my interest has always been to look both far afield and close to home for inspiration when it comes to all three themes. Travel represents a major thread in my writing career and I’ve pursued it in various ways.
- For my own blog Art & Culture Maven – a combination of original and curated content. I post 3-5 travel articles per month.
Travel Writing for Other Publications – a Selected List:
- 15 Outrageous Things That Could Only Happen In Dubai (TheRichest)
- 10 Historic Roller Coasters from Around the World (The Culture Trip)
- The 10 Best Burger Joints in Hamilton, Ontario (The Culture Trip)
- Harlem District Guide (for Urban Travel Blog)
- Ski Vermont! (for Locke-Taylor Magazine)
- New York African Restaurant Week (for Okayafrica.com)
- A White Canadian in Harlem (for Huffington Post)
- New York City Rentals (for Connecting – Solo Travel Network)
- The Drake Hotel (for Power Magazine)
No link available:
- Driver Magazine (Toronto, ON, 2009, regular contributor web & print)
- Hotel Hotline (2004 x 2)
- National Post – “Lobsters in Art” (Toronto, ON Sept. 2000)
- 701.com (Hamilton, ON 1999, frequent contributor)
I wrote two books – travel guides to the city of Toronto – for a San Francisco based publisher, one in 2005 and as one of three contributors in 2008:
Travel copy writing
I do a great deal of web copy writing, a good chunk of it for the travel industry (both European & North American based) in various forms, including:
- destination descriptions & mini guides
- tour descriptions
Clients – through agencies – include kayak.com, venere.com, sixte.com, among others.