Place is integral to arts and culture and my interest has always been to look both far afield and close to home for inspiration when it comes to all three themes. Travel represents a major thread in my writing career and I’ve pursued it in various ways.
- For my own blog Art & Culture Maven – a combination of original and curated content. I typically post 2-5 travel articles per month.
I have been selected by FlightNetwork.com to be one of 500 travel experts voting on their various fabulous lists of travel ideas:
- “The World’s Most Beautiful Cities 2019”. You can check out the details here, and the list of judges here.
- “The World’s Best Journeys List For 2018”. You can check out the details here, and the list of judges here.
- “The World’s Best Beaches 2018”. Check out the details here, and the list of judges here.
Travel Writing for Other Publications – a Selected List:
- Eating Your Way Through the Annapolis Valley in Nova Scotia (Travel-Wise)
- PRIMER | A Guide To Getting The Most Out Of Stratford Summer Music (Ludwig Van – sponsored content)
- PRIMER | 10 Concerts We’re Looking Forward To The Most At Toronto Summer Music (Ludwig Van – sponsored content)
- 25 Most Luxurious Dog-Friendly Hotels In The World (TheRichest)
- 25 Most Secluded Luxurious Getaway Spots In The World We Never Thought Existed (TheRichest)
- 15 Outrageous Things That Could Only Happen In Dubai (TheRichest)
- 10 Historic Roller Coasters from Around the World (The Culture Trip)
- The 10 Best Burger Joints in Hamilton, Ontario (The Culture Trip)
- Harlem District Guide (for Urban Travel Blog)
- New York African Restaurant Week (for Okayafrica.com)
- A White Canadian in Harlem (for Huffington Post)
No link available:
- Ski Vermont! (for Locke-Taylor Magazine, 2015)
- New York City Rentals (for Connecting – Solo Travel Network, 2012)
- The Drake Hotel (for Power Magazine, 2010)
- Driver Magazine (Toronto, ON, 2009, regular contributor web & print)
- Hotel Hotline (2004 x 2)
- National Post – “Lobsters in Art” (Toronto, ON Sept. 2000)
- 701.com (Hamilton, ON 1999, frequent contributor)
I wrote two books – travel guides to the city of Toronto – for a San Francisco based publisher, one in 2005 and as one of three contributors in 2008:
Travel copy writing
I do a great deal of web copy writing, a good chunk of it for the travel industry (both European & North American based) in various forms, including:
- destination descriptions & mini guides
- tour descriptions
Clients – through brokers – include kayak.com, venere.com, sixte.com, among many others.