My debut EP – Looking For Heaven’s Ghost (July 4, 2020) – was recorded at Blue Tilt Studio in Hamilton, ON (Canada) in 2019 & 2020. Here’s the One Sheet for PR types.
All the songs are tied by the theme of looking at the past – with mixed emotions. You can stream it on YouTube:
“…soulful vocal and lyrical blends…”(about the song Freight Train) “…a fluid space of various genre influences…” (about the album Looking for Heaven’s Ghost). (Daily Music Roll)
- It’s also available to stream or buy from the major online service of your choice at this link.
- All five tracks are available for licensing at MediaNet (login required)
- Lyrics available at MusixMatch.
“…the mellotron, reverb-drenched guitar, and smokey vocals are elements that sound good in any era…” (Alt77)
Featured on CHCH TV’s ‘Friday Morning Live’ segment (March 19, 2021)
Other Media and Shoutouts:
- Freight Train reviewed in Daily Music Roll, with an additional shout out in their blog
- EP reviewed in Upstream Indie music blog.
- Review/Shout-out to ‘Freight Train’ in Indie Crillo (Ecuador)
- Rockol Magazine (Italy) – a shout-out to the single ‘Freight Train’
- The song ‘Freight Train’ reviewed in Alt77 magazine.
- ‘Freight Train’ and ‘Light of Day’ were featured on Niagara Community Radio on Afternoons with Sam McBeath, including an interview.
- The EP was added to the New Music Playlist on Birch Street Radio on The Detour overnight show.
- The song ‘Freight Train’ was featured in the Girls…Only Them playlist on Spotify (many thanks to Alex M. Montilla), The Music & Fashion blog Soundcloud playlist, and on Spotify playlists by CMR, From The Strait (Canada), Lauty Toloza (Argentina), Rex Dow & Theocide Studios (Spain).
Opening the EP is the Joni Mitchell reminiscent track, Freight Train. This track with Anya Mia’s soulful lyrics and voice is definitely the greatest track to introduce the entire collection of works. (Upstream Indie)
From its release in 2020, the EP is doing the rounds of indie, college and university radio stations around the world, including:
- 101.5FM The Hawk (Mohawk College Radio) – with an interview
- CKDU 88.1FM (Dalhousie University Community Radio)
- Birch Street Radio (Montreal, QC)
- Niagara Community Radio (Niagara Falls, ON) – with an interview
- URY (University Radio York in the UK)
- mephisto 97.6 | Lokalradio der Universität Leipzig Germany
- WSQU (Susquehanna University, PA) – with an interview
- KKFI (Kansas City Community Radio) in Montana
- Radio Phoenix in Arizona
- KBCU (Bethel College Radio) in WA
- 94.6 (ORF Radio Salzburg) in Austria
- The Fuori Aulo Network (Web radio dell’Università di Verona) in Italy
- KEBF Radio 97.3 in Estero Bay, Cali
“She’s an original! We like her!” (Radio Phoenix)
I created a video for Freight Train – a song that was inspired by the fact that there was a train that I could hear every night when I went to bed as a child.
I created a video for the song Light of Day – both the song and the imagery are inspired by 1970s pop-rock sounds.