Here it is – a simple and unvarnished CV that includes all my publishing credits. Or, download the PDF file if you’re hiring: Anya Wassenberg CV
- McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario (Canada) 1985
B.A. in French, summa cum laude
- Freelance publishing credits listed separately below.
Editorial – print & internet
- Ludwig-Van, Toronto, ON – 2019-present, Digital Content Editor; copy editing text and image manipulation, publishing pieces to the Toronto-based website & social media.
- Freelance editing & communications consulting – various clients, 2004 to present (ongoing), including full length fiction and non-fiction manuscripts, reports, letters and other documents for individuals, businesses, book publishers (Burman Books) and non-profit organizations.
- Main Street, Hamilton, ON – 2004, 2005 on the editorial committee to select works of fiction and poetry to be published in an anthology featuring students and faculty from the McMaster Creative Writing Certificate Program.
- broken pencil magazine, Toronto, ON – from October 2000 to April 2001, Visual Arts Editor/Columnist; responsible for coverage of independent arts scene, column, profile/interview and short reviews each issue, also recruiting new writers.
- hamilton.701.com – June 1999 to August 2000, Topic Manager, Sports; recruiting and editing sports content, links to other sites, image manipulation, some articles including all Tiger-Cat coverage.
- id Magazine, Guelph, ON – May 1998 to January 1999, Hamilton City Editor; on a weekly basis, coverage of local issues, profiles of Hamilton ‘personalities’, updating music listings, arts & entertainment and non-profit events column, PR function.
- Hamilton Spectator, Hamilton, ON – January to December 1997, part of editorial committee selecting poetry and short fiction to be published in paper.
- Durham College, Continuing/Distance Education, Oshawa, ON – since 2011, designed & teaching an online course called Writing for the Web (offered on line to college students throughout Ontario through OntarioLearn).
- Niagara College, Continuing Education, Welland, ON – since 2001, teaching an online course called Writing for Publication I and since 2004, Writing for Publication II (offered on line to college students throughout Ontario through OntarioLearn).
- Mohawk College, Distance Education, Hamilton, ON – since 2007, designed & teaching an online course in Romance Writing, and beginning 2008, Travel Writing (offered on line to college students throughout Ontario through OntarioLearn).
- McMaster University, Centre for Continuing Education, Hamilton, ON – 1997 to 2007, p/t Instructor; designed and teach Newspaper/Magazine Writing and Publishing*/** and Style, Syntax & Self-Editing**, and three workshops, Online Writing Workshop, Promotions Basics for Writers,and Research Techniques. (*wrote accompanying text/booklet, ** also designed on line version – the programme ran from 1997 to early 2008)
(Non Credit Courses)
- Brock University, Continuing Education, St. Catharines, ON – occasional 2006-2009, teaching a general interest course in freelancing called Writing for Magazines & Newspapers (occasional – designed this offering).
Corporate/Commercial Writing – print & internet
- Freelance copy writing & corporate communications – various clients, 2007 to present (ongoing), including business reports and documents, webpages, company blogs and other social media and entire website contents. See samples at the link.
- A major specialty in retail website copy – major national client along with various small businesses, regularly from June 2006 to February 2009 & occasionally from 2010 to the present, including product descriptions, supplementary and explanatory materials, and marketing materials for a very wide range of consumer products.
- SEO – various projects from webpages to blog posts, trending news items and more. See samples at the link.
- Ghost writing non-fiction book titles (under a pseudonym) in the self-help field for Burman Books – 2012 to 2013 (10+ titles)
Social Media/Non-Commercial Online Content, Marketing & Outreach
- Freelance social media & outreach, including blogging, Twitter, adding non-commercial (informational, theme-related) web content and other online activities to support website traffic and promote individual organizations and events; individual projects by contract- since 2009 (ongoing)
- Samples & selected clients at the link.
Freelance Publishing Credits – Non Fiction:
- Sex, Celestial Bodies & the Single Woman (CreateSpace/July 2011) – a tongue in cheek astrological guide to men – Kindle Version
- Toronto Day + Night (ASDMedia/San Francicso,CA/March 2008) – contributing writer in updated version of Fun Seeker’s Toronto
- Fun Seeker’s Toronto (Greenline Publishing/San Francisco,CA/ June 2005)
- Mammoth Book of the Kama Sutra (Constable & Robinson/London, UK/Aug 28 2008; Running Press/Philadelphia, PA/Sept 2008))
- Mammoth Book of Women’s Sexual Fantasies (Constable & Robinson/London, UK/Nov 2004)
Periodicals (Print or Online)
- Travel-Wise (Waterloo, ON – occasional contributor, 2019-present)
- Ludwig Van (Toronto, ON – regular contributor, classical music features, 2017-present)
- TheTalko (Valnet/Montreal Qc – regular contributor, 2018-2019)
- AllAboutJazz (Philadelphia, PA – regular contributor, 2018-present)
- Nuvo Magazine (Vancouver, BC 2000, 2019)
- Huffington Post (from 2011-2019, occasional blog posts on arts and culture topics; fr 2019, occasional freelance op/ed pieces)
- Okayafrica.com (New York, 2012-present, occasional contributor)
- Omni/Futurism Media (occasional contributor, 2017-present)
- Myentertainmentworld.ca (Toronto, occasional contributor 2014 – 2019)
- TheRichest (Valnet/Montreal, Qc – regular contributor, 2016-2018) **>20 million views
- The Blasting News (Basel, Switzerland – regular contributor, 2016-2017) Sample #1, Sample #2, Sample #3
- The Culture Trip (London, UK – occasional contributor, 2016)
- The Inquisitr News (Tel Aviv, Israel – contributor, Jan-July 2016) Sample #1, Sample #2, Sample #3
- Locke-Taylor Magazine (Hamilton, ON – occasional pieces, 2015)
- Twirlit.com (Toronto, 2013, 15 pieces summer 2013) Sample #1, Sample #2
- Odeum Magazine (Brampton, ON 2012)
- Connect – the solo travel network (Gibsons, BC, 2012)
- Sway Magazine (Toronto, ON – regular contributor 2011 & 2012 – ceased publication) Sample #1, Sample #2
- Samaritan Mag (Toronto, ON – 2012)
- Lucid Media Magazine (Toronto, ON, occasional contributor to print version 2010)
- African World Newspaper (Toronto, ON, 2010)
- THIS Magazine (Toronto, ON, Autumn 2005 & May/June 2010)
- The Driver Magazine (Toronto, ON, 2009, regular contributor web & print)
- broken pencil magazine (Toronto, ON, 2007)
- Prelude Magazine (Toronto, ON, 2007)
- FilmPrint Magazine (Toronto, ON, 2006)
- Cahoots Magazine (Saskatoon, SK, 2006)
- H Magazine (Hamilton, ON, 2005)
- Construction News (Hamilton edition, regular contr. 2004/5)
- Hamilton this Month (1994, 2002 x3, 2003/4)
- the Hamilton Spectator (occasional, 1995-1998, 2003)
- Biz Magazine (Hamilton, ON, 2002 x2)
- Interiors (Hamilton, ON 1996, 2002)
- The Tallahassee Democrat (Tallahassee, FLA 2001)
- ARTSbeat Magazine (Hamilton, ON 1998, regular contributor 1999-2001)
- Burlington Life Downtown (Burlington, ON 2000)
- National Post (Toronto, ON 2000)
- Cdn Journal of Emergency Mgmt (Calgary, AB 2000)
- Lola No. 5 & 6 (Toronto, ON 1999 & 2000)
- Alternatives Journal (Waterloo, ON 1999)
- Troika Magazine (Westport, CT 1998)
- the Rural Voice (Blyth, ON 1998)
- Outreach Connection (Toronto, ON 1998)
- Night Life Magazine (Hamilton, ON 1998)
- Performing Arts & Entertainment (Toronto, ON 1998)
- id Magazine (Guelph, ON regular freelance contributor, 1997 & 1998)
- View Magazine (Hamilton, ON 1996 & 1997)
- Modern Woman Magazine (Toronto, ON 1996)
E-Zines & Websites (to 2010 -after that point included with periodicals)
- Technorati.com (2009-2010, occasional arts & entertainment contributor)
- SceneandHeard.ca (2008 & 2009, occasional contributor)
- CahootsMagazine.com (Fall 2007/Winter 2008 – includes link to previous print article)
- OhMagazine.ca (2007 & 2008 – memoirs)
- Ukula.com (Toronto, ON May to December 2007)
- IfilmAlliance.com – (Vancouver, BC 2006)
- thegate.ca (2005 to 2007) Sample
- Capital Magazine (2007)
- Hotel Hotline (2004 x 2)
- AllSports.com (regular contributor 1999-2004)
- cfl.ca (2001)
- football.com (2000, 2004 profiles & articles)
- CCEP e-zine (Hamilton, ON 1999, nine articles)
- 701.com (Hamilton, ON 1999, frequent contr.)
- Painted Journals/Unsettled (Burlington Arts Centre, Burlington, ON 2001 – artist interviews & text for art show catalogue)
- Freelance Writing in the Real World (McMaster Press, Hamilton, ON 1999 – 40 page text for course)
- CreativeRadioCentral.com (monthly op/ed piece, July-December 2005)
- CBC Radio One (99.1FM) (15 min. piece for Outfront, aired December 11, 2000)
Freelance Publishing Credits – Fiction:
- Fourth Floor Walk-Up (Her African Lovers) – (Diabolic Muse Press, Toronto, ON/February 2013)
Anthologies – as contributor
- xoxo: Sweet and Sexy Romance (Cleis Press/Berkeley, CA – December 2013)
- Desperate Measures (Xcitebooks/Accent Press, Bedlinog, Wales – March 2012 as an e-book or audio book)
- Bad Romance (Freaky Fountains Press, Toronto, ON/March 2011 – e-book)
- Window Dressing (Xciteooks/Accent Press, Bedlinog, Wales, UK/ September 2010 – an an e-book or audio book – mine is the title story)
- Five Minute Fantasies 3 (Xcitebooks/Accent Press/Bedlinog, Wales, UK/May 2007)
- Mammoth Book of Best New Erotica III (Constable & Robinson/London, UK/Jan 2004)
- Grunt and Groan (Boheme Press/Toronto/2002)
- Burning Ambitions (Rush Hour Revisions/Toronto/1998)
- Between a Dock and a High Place (Jasper Press/Hamilton/1997)
- Coming Clean – co-writer/producer & principal role in a 4 minute short (shot in Hamilton, ON 2007)
- Futurism Media (New Jersey – ongoing short fiction & hard science, from 2017)
- Origami Journal (Toronto, ON – Spring 2015)
- Oysters & Chocolate (Denver/Boulder, CO 2008)
- The Big Stupid Review (Austin, TX 2007)
- Front & Center #10 (Ottawa, ON 2004)
- Tupperware Sandpiper (Toronto, ON 2000)
- Feminist Studies (Baltimore, MD 2000)
- the Diviners (Hamilton, ON 1999)
- Incite Magazine (Hamilton, ON 1999)
- Lit Magazine (Hamilton, ON 1997)
- Heavy Girl Press (Toronto, ON 1997)
- Black Cat 115 (Windsor, ON 1997)
- the Sitter’s Companion (Hamilton, ON 1996, 1997)
- green’s magazine (Regina, SK 1996)
- the New Quarterly (Waterloo, ON 1995)
- the Hamilton Spectator (1995)
- the Toronto Star (1989)
- Starsong (North Carolina, 1988)
- edges literary magazine (Edmonton, AB 1988)